Flash Card problem

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by papa85, Dec 22, 2005.

1. papa85

papa85 Guest

Hi Guys and Gals.
    I have a question that has been puzzling me. Now that I have the two camera bodies I was doing some testing between the two. Maybe you would know why is it that I took the CP card out of my D2H which has images on it and put it into the D200 and the D200 camera said no images on the card. So I reversed it and the same thing.. Another words both cameras only recognizes it's own CF Cards, does that make sense to you??? I wonder if I have to change something in the cameras. Or is it normal?:confused:

2. cmolway

cmolway Guest

completely normal. files are not recognized by other camera even though they are there.

3. papa85

papa85 Guest

CF Card

Thanks for the reply I kinda thought that was the case, You took a load off my mind thanks again.:smile:

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I may be mistaken, but I believe they go in different folders, on the card
    Check how many images left on card.
    When you up-load you will find two floders.
    Believe that is what happened when I switched from the CP5000 to the D100.
    Only did it once.

5. The D-70 and D-100 have two playback folder settings in the playback menu. The default setting is to show only the current folder so that only images in that camera's folder are shown. The other setting is to show images in all folders on the card (images from all cameras using Nikon folder naming). I'm sure there is a similar setting on the other cameras.
    Bob

6. papa85

papa85 Guest

Think I will give Nikon a call and get the low down I put different file letters in front of the file number, so I can tell later which camera took which photos.

7. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    I would assume that the two cameras cannot read one anothers picture files, simply because they have a totally different size and different WB encryption/storage etc. It would surprise me if Nikon went through all the trouble to allow displaying D2H pictures on a D200, and vice versa seems even more unlikely.
    IMHO, I wouldn't want to play around with folder structures on the CF. You never know if that doesn't mess up your picture files - and I'm sure you wouldn't want to find that out (unless you do it deliberately to see what happens).

Let us know what Niko says.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You don't have to "play" with anything. It does it on it own. When you reformat the card it goes back to totally empty...One folder until you start shooting. If you only shoot with one camera then you will have one folder. Two cameras 2 folders etc.

Nothing for you to do. when you up load... up load the folders seperately.

Cheers