1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Flash for F100 - SB-26 or SB-28

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by BourbonCowboy, Aug 7, 2009.

1. I just got a "new" F100, and now I'm thinking about picking up a flash. Which of these would be better (and why), and about how much would I expect to pay for one in very good condition?

Just curious...will the SB-400 work on this old camera?

2. WayneF

WayneF

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas
    The SB-26 predated the camera a little, but it ought to work well. The SB-28 was the one "made for it", so to speak. If you have a SB-600 or SB-800, they are backwards compatible too, and film TTL should work fine.

But not the SB-400, it only does iTTL with iTTL cameras. And not the SB-900, Nikon abandoned backwards compatibilty then.

3. Thanks Wayne. I'd hoped you'd be the one to answer.

I think I'll pick up a used SB-28, as I'll be using my film body in places that I wouldn't want to risk my more expensive gear.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.