Flash stand and some more wide open.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by kramp, May 1, 2005.

1. I built a few of these this week, there handy for off camera flash when working low to the ground, easier than using a tripod for the flash, you just push it into the ground and the top turns so the flash can be pointed down.

[​IMG]

What do you think of slugs, I hate it when I leave my yard shoes on the deck and put them on with out looking inside first and squish a nice big banana slug between the toes. :(

The eye's are in focus and you can even get a good look of my mini soft box in the reflection at about 400 percent.

[​IMG]

Broom, its an invasive species on the Island here, mostly yellow ones and the odd red one now we seem to have yellow red one.

[​IMG]

Martin

2. Interesting..........the last shot is wonderful!! :D :D :D

3. That is a pretty cool light stand you have built. It would come in handy for this type of shooting.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shots Martin. We have such creative folks here at the Cafe, and you are definitely in those ranks. :lol:

Regards,

5. Thanks guys, the slug is pretty iffy but I was happy that the prehensile eyes were in focus. :lol:

Haven't tried out the flash stand yet but I think it would be great for Hover Flies in flight just set a ring of flashes around the flowers.

Martin