Flashback to vacation anyone?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by LynnTX, Aug 19, 2008.

1. LynnTX

LynnTX

Jun 23, 2008
    Texas
  2. MikeG76

MikeG76

Jun 11, 2008
    Middletown, NY
    Outstanding capture! Can you update the Exif? Where was this taken?

3. Mike S

Mike S

Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle, WA USA
    Looks like paradise. Mexico? In any case, beautiful place for vacation!

Here's my flashback. (Pre DSLR days) Tanken with my Nikon Coolpix 775

Mendenhall Glacier Juneau Alaska
    Mendenhall_9.

Long hike across frozen Mendenhall lake.
    Mendenhall_8.

4. LynnTX

LynnTX

Jun 23, 2008
    Texas
    Vacation flashback!

Mike,

I took this picture at my hotel in Cancun, Mex in May. Was a very nice resort. I had only had my D40 for about a month, so I took quite a few pictures. I shot in jpeg. Picture was taken early in the morning so the light was pretty nice. I usually went walking early each day. I believe I shot it with the kit lens in P mode with auto ISO. I found the kit lens to be a pretty nice walk around lens. I had a 55-200 with me but hardly took it out of the bag.

Sometimes when I get a little stressed, I pull up some of those pics on Picasa and take a "mini vacation" again - HA!

Lynn

5. LynnTX

LynnTX

Jun 23, 2008
    Texas
    Alaska Vacation

Mike from Seattle,

Those are some stunning pics of Alaska. I would really love to see that some day. Not sure my old knees would want to take that walk across the ice/snow though. Your little Coolpix did you proud.

Lynn

6. Mike S

Mike S

Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle, WA USA
    :smile:

It wasn't that tough on the way there. The way back I was having a tough time because the snow on top of the ice was melting and I was sinking knee deep. The temp was dropping fast as it was late in the day and I was sweating from the hike. I'd do it again. :smile: :smile:

If you don't want to hike, you can always go by ship. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.