flat out on a dead-run

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Johnnymg, Jun 4, 2005.

1. I love the way these guys run with abandon.

D2H and 85mm @ F3.5 + 1.4X converter, 1/1600 shutter speed and ISO 200. HL's are blown on Billy (far doug) but that's life. :oops:

[​IMG]

My keeper ratio on this type of pic is only about 25%.......... not that the D2H is a problem............ just that the subjects have a mind of the their own. :lol:

comments/crit's welcome
    JohnG

2. If your keeper shots are only 25%, he obviously will do a do over for you. LOL..........nice capture!!

Keith

3. A good taste of the action!

The dog on the right seems to think he`s superman!

4. Nice action!! :D :D :D

5. Someone else wrote me that the image looked oversharpend. I think it might be also .............. but this downrezed image looks rather crummy compared to the original also.

Is there a "best" way to downrez? I'm using PSP and just select the downrez function.

Maybe a small image paste and a link to the original is a better approach????

Thanks
    JohnG

6. John,
    I got some good advice on my thread "resizing for the web" in technical discussion. I think your sharpening will be ok if you do it the way they told me.
    sorry I do not know how to link you straight to the post but if you can not find it let me know.
    dave

7. Dave

Thanks for the tips.

Here's another image (from same session) with different sharpening and color balance.
    [​IMG]

Regards
    JohnG

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I like the action in both shots John, but the sharpening in the second is much more subtle, and I like the results.

Cute pups BTW.