Flat tracking-1st timer

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by DRGSin, Sep 25, 2008.

1. DRGSin

DRGSin

Nov 29, 2007
    Indiana
    A little flat trackin for ya. Probably the toughest challenge Ive ever faced, esp while trying to get to know the SB900. Boy Id love a second chance at some of these shots, LOL.

watermark.

watermark.

watermark.

watermark.

2. Love #3. . . Just that bit different. . :cool: 

3. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

what were your flash settings here ? I'm going to guess and say 1st curtin + pan ?

4. Very nice. The D3, SB900, rear cutain, and TTL-BL work great for this stuff.

5. DRGSin

DRGSin

Nov 29, 2007
    Indiana
    Thanks for looking guys. This was a last minute assignment, my 1st for this dept, plus I had to transmit the photos within 15 mins of taking them...a first for me. Therefore, I was too chikin to "experiment". I weenied out and shot manual pans at 1/250th f/2.8 and TTL-BL on the 900. All for naught. The photo they chose was one I couldve taken with a P&S-the start! LOL

6. I tried the same thing for the first time this past weekend at a drag race I shot. Worked great. The images are posted elsewhere here. I was surpised at how cool the technique works, and how much detail combined with movement panning the fill-lash brings out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.