Flight Images from Biolab Road

Discussion in 'Birds' started by DW Brewer, Feb 13, 2018.

1. brown pelican flight biolab road (1 of 3)workzz shnrusmaa. egret 2 flight biolab road (1 of 6)work12x18 ahbcshnrasaa. egret 2 flight biolab road (4 of 6)workzz ahbcashnrasaa. spoonie flight biolab road (3 of 43)workzz ahshnrusmaa. spoonie flight biolab road (4 of 44)workzz shnrasaa. spoonie flight biolab road (5 of 7)workzz shnrasaa. Just got back from a quick trip to Florida getting out of the Midwest winter to visit friends and image Florida birdies. One particular day, Biolab Road produced countless opportunities for capturing flight images. Here are some samples from that day. Captured with the D500 + 500mm f4.5, handheld.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2018
  2. Biolab often pruduces. How were the road conditions? It varies from smooth to Costa Rica backroad.

3. I like the shots but not the thumbs
    Somehow I ended up with some thumbs the other day, not sure how since I inserted a pic like always

4. Randy: same problem. Like you I inserted like always. I'll try an edit and see what happens.
    Bobbyv: road conditions OK; slow going but with a 15mph limit, no problems. Even after an overnight rain, road OK

5. Still thumbnails; not sure how this is happening?

6. Very nice set of images, but I also agree on the thumbnails.

7. Nice images Dave.

8. Very nice images, and BOOO for the thumb nails also, after looking at the images your a bit over sharpened as they have halos around the bird in parts, go to YouTube and learn the clone tool and adjust to darken to remove halos, you will be amazed.

9. johncarol

johncarol

Jan 31, 2006
    SW Florida
    Very nice Dave. Especially the Spoonies.

10. As indicated above, I am at a loss as to why the images I attached to this post appeared as thumbnails. I attached the images the same way as with other posts, yet they appeared as thumbnails. If anyone has a clue why this happened and/or how to rectify this, please so inform me. I even edited the post to delete the original images and attach them again. Again they appear as thumbnails. Count me frustrated...

11. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Hmmm, they were attached, so I think you didn't complete the process? I went into your post and said to insert all attached images into the thread. Seems to work now.

12. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    image. Test.

Hmm, worked like normal, new post, upload photo, then clicked insert photo into thread.

13. Thanks for the assist Wade. I thought I had completed the process, but I guess not.
    About the over-sharpening comment: could be. When I printed the full resolution and full sized images, I do not see the artifacts (but then again, I wear glasses with 35 degrees of prism to correct deficits...). What I do see is the rim lighting from the birds (with the gray skies) being backlit. Given that all the images were captured from 2:45PM to 4:00 PM while facing west, the rim lighting is inevitable. And when I down-size and lessen resolution for posting, image reduction adds a slight bit of edge sharpening (blame Adobe for this happening; it is inherent in the software). The images with the blue skies were captured during the same time frame, but obviously when I was facing east (at the south end of Biolab road). Again, the prints don't show over-sharpening, but I will go back to my workflow and adjust and see if I notice anything.
    Thanks all for looking and the commentary. It was a magical couple of hours and I have hundreds of images and memories from this experience.