Floating seeds season

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Gilles, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Picture taken in a parking lot of seeds in between grass

[​IMG]

Here 2 more, I don't like them particularly but if I go back I will take a different angle for both of them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow that is one interesting vine.

Wonder what it is. What do the flowers look like.

Really neat image.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very neat shot Gilles. Any idea what it is?

4. I dont know what kind of herb, but I will take a look in book today and see what I can find.

There is a crack in the asphalt and those herbs grown in them and since 2 weeks we have a lot of those seeds floating in the air.

I saw the place going home from the grocery store and the sun was at a low angle and it catch my eyes when I passed by. I went home and came back with my camera but i left my tripod at home which was a big mistake because when you use a tripod you're more careful how you frame. I tried to take low shot but there a lot of small rock on the surface of the asphalt it was to painful, next time I will carry a small carpet in my car.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I love to see seeds and flowers in the wild. I used to gather seeds and try to grow them at home, to see wht the plant produced and its behavior. Sometime I was very successful.

I found at the Zoo on our Merritt shoot a Magnolia that had just split the seed pod and got all the seeds.

Now I have no where to grow them.

Guess I could use the old styrofoam cup and see if they would sprout. Would have to read up on them a bit though.

I very successfull grewing Trumpet flowers, Datura.

the Brugmansia are the big trumpet flowers that hang down and grow as a tree. Where the Datura trumpet looks upward and grows as a huge bush.

One of my tripple yellow got into a calendar.

Kind of a fun thing to grow seeds you find if you like any kind of gardening.

Wild daiseys also use to come home with me.

I really miss gardening.

Thanks for sharing your find. Will be looking foward to your follow up. You say it is an herb. Very iteresting.

Anyone want some seeds.. I still have a bunch of Datura and magnolia ...lololol

6. Each year at home we had a little bit more flowers, I guess the main goal is to have as many varieties so I have something to take picture of at home.

There a well known person in Montreal that died last year that person use to grown a lot of flowers. After he died the person in charge of cleaning the house found thousands of pictures of his flowers that nobody that knew him though he had that passion for photography.

7. Looks very nice, although I have to admit that I hate this time of the year, when the poplar and willow seeds are about everywhere. At least you put this nuisance to good photographic use.
    Cheers

8. Picture this:

A strange bloke (that's Australian for a guy) outside a grocery store in the carpark, a big camera, tripod, flashgun maybe, and shooting at the asphalt. Get on all fours on occasion... :?

Things we do :wink:! LOL

But the results are well worth the effort! I like the cloud / fog effect of the latter two. Very strange seeds indeed.

Regards,
    Jonathan