Flood cleanup

Floods are never fun, but playing with the pictures from it, now that's another story. :D I live in the area in Ohio that got all of that flooding a couple of weeks ago now. I didn't have any damage, but a whole lot of friends did. There were so many volunteers, that I got to step back and grab my camera and take some documentary shots of the "fun"...I did get to get in there and enjoy helping out, but that was a different day.

I don't normally do this type of editing, so I am interested in feedback from y'all. I got the idea from an old photo that someone had thrown away in all of this mess.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Jake Ebersole
Great pictures! Is the flooding from the Blanchard? I live in Findlay and we got hit pretty hard again. Nothing like August of 2007, but still pretty bad.

Great pictures! Is the flooding from the Blanchard? I live in Findlay and we got hit pretty hard again. Nothing like August of 2007, but still pretty bad.
Thanks Jake.
...no, our flooding is pretty much home grown. We are on the Scioto river...that is almost a creek here. The only area left above us before water starts flowing north is Kenton. A lot of the flooding we get along the Scioto I think is because of all of the drainage for the farm fields and control dams that are down stream, but we would have gotten a flood anyway this time around because of the snow melt that happened just before the rain.

Great pics, definitely a tragedy, but proud of such great communities that always help each other out

Great pics, definitely a tragedy, but proud of such great communities that always help each other out
Thanks:biggrin:. It's been a couple of weeks now, and things are far from normal, but we do what we always do; return and rebuild.:biggrin:

Nice series...it's good to see people having fun--even in a disaster.
You captured the good side of people on the bad side of a hit from nature.

Nice set. The recovery part you don't see in the news.
Thaks. True, It doesn't bleed, so it don't lead.:frown:

Nice series...it's good to see people having fun--even in a disaster.
You captured the good side of people on the bad side of a hit from nature.
Thanks, I'm glad that the fun side got out too, at first the task looked impossible, but then people started showing up and having fun, relaxing and sharing the work, and pretty soon, we were ahead of schedule.

BTW, I printed these off as metallic prints...wow!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom