Flooding caused by TS Fay

Tropical Storm Fay unleashed torrential amounts of rain in Florida. Over 2 feet of rain fell in Cooca. Unfortunatley I am a victim of Fay. The house I rent flooded. We had over 2 ft of rain in my house when it was alll said and done. As of today I still have over a foot and a half in the house. Here are some photos from my house. I was able to get my belongings out of the house and only lost a few things.

My house
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My bedroom

The owner of my house also owns the house next door and we are staying there until we can get back in my house. There is also a horse stable on the property where we are staying. The barn flooded the next day and all the horses had to be evacuated. It was quite an event and the local news sent someone to do a story on the evacuation.

Ben Baird from News 13

jessie
i'm so sorry for the state of affairs in titusville.... and for the destruction in your house
nice shots of a horrible situation

take care of yourself, please
good luck

So sorry to hear of this- it was headed for us a few days earlier. I hope your life gets back to normal quickly.

PS- Your camera bag sitting on the edge of the desk in Picture #3 is making me nervous.

I'd ask for lower rent....just kidding, I hope everything turns out okay. Our lower level had two floods ( 6" of water or less) since we've lived in our house, and it's not fun.

Hi Jessie, sorry to hear about your house and the devastation that Fay brought your way. As you know, we have relatives in Titusville, which had damage as well. Hopefully none of your personal belongings were damaged.
Have to ask, have you encountered any creatures (snakes) with the rise in water like you've had?
Wish you the best of luck to get things put back together again. I can't even imagine going through something like that. Thank God I live on a hill.

Louie

Glad you are ok. I'll stick to earthquakes. We have an occasional shaker, sometimes it is a big shaker, knocks stuff off the shelves, breaks things, never know when it is going to happen, but it happens. Again, I'm glad you are ok. Stuff can be replaced, it ain't always easy, but it is better than losing your family or your own life.

I will keep everyone affected by this storm in my prayers. :smile:

Hope you guys get back to normal life soon. We really lucked out on this side but some friends of mine had the same troubles as you in the same area. Hate to see this and glad everyone is OK. Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everyone for your kind sentiments. The place was a smelly mess and I have to move. The place is unlivable due to mold. FEMA has been little help as they only cover the basic neccesities. The stuff I lost is not what they call basic neccesities. I am glad that I was able to move most of my stuff out before the water got too high. The one thing I lost that cannot be replaced is my insect collection. I had well over 500 specimens and well over 1000 hrs put into that collection. :frown: Oh well. Live and learns.

Thanks again everyone!

Man, thats terrible! I'm sorry you all had to go through this. We are used to the Hurricanes here in Miami/South Florida. But fortunately we have only had one flooding episode over the last 10 years. Good luck on your recovery from this storm.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom