Floral still life

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Mitchell, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Still playing with floral still life. This was taken with a single light bulb (60W) on the left side. Any comments or suggestions?

[​IMG]

2. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    I love it

I think its great .. not sure why no one has said anything about this pic... but I Really like it... Keep up the great work... would like this hanging in my room....

Tim

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent image. Good job.
    Pretty flowers.
    Love the contrast in colors.

4. I like it, great color. I agree with Gale the contrast with the background makes it very interesting.

5. Looks like you found the perfect sun. Love the colors on this excellent image.

6. Mitch,
    As others have said the vibrant colors and contrast make this a very nice shot.

Mike

7. Hi Mitch,

Very nice and clean image indeed, very sharp! Nice colour saturation too, what WB do you use considering they are lit by light bulb, and the flowers are different colours? They come out very natural.

A dark backdrop I presume?

Regards,
    Jonathan

8. Thank you all for the kind replies.

Jonathan, the setup for this picture was remarkably simple. I used a single 60W bulb on my left with a large bolt of black velvet cloth (purchased at a fabric store). The shot is actually a tight crop of the following picture. I'm still amazed at the detail captured by the D2X. Even with this tight crop, the image is remarkably crisp. I used auto white balance with very little PP. No sharpening was performed.

[​IMG]

Click here for EXIF
    [​IMG]

9. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Very well done! I really like everything about it--color saturation, shrarpness, lighting. Thought pehaps you had used a black foam board for the background.