Florida aerials

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by vulturetec, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Converted raw images with my D70 from around 10,000ft straight down:

1950s beachside development
    [​IMG]

The local mall, day after Thanksgiving
    [​IMG]

The "Turkey Run" car show at Daytona International Speedway
    [​IMG]

2. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Thanks - I especially love the Black Friday shot - all those cars!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good images.

to darn many people in Florida !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Very cool. Certainly a different perspective.

Do you roll the plane to get these? How do you fly and shoot at the same time?

5. Thanks

I run the camera equipment in the back-seat, pilot up front. I was laying over a hole cut in the floor - normally there's a large format film-camera there but I lifted it out to use the D70.

I might be doing some work in the Bahamas next week, I'll try to get some island pictures if I bring the D70.

[​IMG]

6. Cool. I want to see some more if you've got them.

7. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Im gettin the willys looking at these.They remind me of circuit boards and now I know how they design them. The race track has my vote. Nicely done!

8. Okiedokie.

They get boring after awhile, but here are a couple more. Interesting note: the blue-roofs are actually plastic tarps put on because of hurricane damaged roofs. Some of the damaged roofs have been like that since last year. The further south you go the more blue-roofs there are - in southern Florida there are entire blocks of town houses and commercial buildings with blue tarps covering the roofs from this year's storms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Thanks - that's my favorite too.

10. RForshey

RForshey Guest

I like the symmetry of the race track shot as well. Great stuff!

11. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very cool captures...would thoroughly enjoy seeing aerials shot above a major city...Chicago, New York.....unfortunately, after 9/11, you would certainly draw some military attention playing above a large city...but the images would be great.

12. We do it all the time, there's nothing special about it except in obvious places like DC. I also shoot nuke plants quite often, just finished doing a submarine base and I'm on tap to do a missle/rocket launch facility. There's a lot more nonsense you have to go through to get into some of those places than there used to be, but in the end it's not a big deal.

Pre-9/11 I did a shoot over the Capitol building in DC at 300ft. It took quite awhile for security clearances to do it even back then. Also pre-9/11 I did a lot of work in England at low altitudes. Even in the less populated areas they wanted us to contact the local police so we couldn't cause "panic" among the population :rolleyes:

Aside from the low level work in London and DC the most fun I had was when the state police actually shut down I-95 in Virginia so we could take pictures of the road without any cars on it. I was armed with a police radio and told them when I would let them open the road again. :biggrin: