1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Florida gator

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Tom/Cocoa, Sep 4, 2008.

1. This is a small gator that was at the park on the river today. I have seen such beautiful shots of gators but I really have a problem getting the proper exposure to bring out the best photo. This was taken around 2:p .m. and that may be why I had such a problem...taken with Sigma 70-300@ 300mm
    thanks for looking.
    same pic with crop and inhanced color

original.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2008
  2. nice shot
    but, i suppose that the HARSH, OVERHEAD light caused this image to show a bit too much contrast

it's hard to shoot at THAT time of day
    i think that you did well

3. i'd crop it from the right.... so that you don't see that TWIG in the upper right-hand corner... IMHO

4. I like my gator fried to a crisp with lots of dipping sauce! YUMMY! :biggrin: Nice capture, BTW!

5. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Nice, Tom. I see you shot at 300mm; maybe try again at 70mm for more DOF? :wink:

Cajun Angel (Dianne) told me that his skin looks a bit dry and she'd like to see him with maybe some cooking oil sprayed on him. :wink: again.

Somebody stop me!

Ok, for real: Love the little paw sticking out and the gator's eyes looking to the left. This gator is one sexy momma!

6. LOL, I did? siomebody fry that thing!

7. The gator was real young at about 4 ft. I though the same thing but they would put me under the jail if I ate it....LOL I will go back today and see if it's still in the same area and if so try to get a better picture at 70 mm

8. Only 4 ft?! Well guess it's just right for an appetizer! LOL! :tongue::biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.