Florida I-75 Recreation Stop

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by bobhoge, Feb 4, 2005.

1. LOCATION: I-75 West of Ft. Lauderdale, FL

PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES: Wading Birds

BEST TIME TO GO: Unknown, we were there March 20 at 8:30AM

"Lets pull over here and see if there is anything to shoot"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wood Stork
    [​IMG]

Tricolored Heron
    [​IMG]

DETAILS: Nan & I were driving from Ft. Lauderdale to Naples, Florida in March 2004, on Interstate 75. Just west of Ft. Lauderdale is a tollbooth ($1.50). On both sides of the highway there are at least 4 Recreation Stops along the road. There are also 2 rest stops at Mile Marker 34 and 64 where you can turn around if you want.
    These photos were taken at the first westbound recreation stop, about 5 miles past the tollbooth. There is a boat launch ramp and we were right by it. We went through the other stops but did not see a lot more birds.
    All these shots were taken within 12 minutes!
    Bob

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Off road stop

Hi Bob,

Nice write up on this spot. Nice photos also shows quite a variety at the gathering place.

Thank You
    Gale

3. Bob:
    I have been trying to respond to the mail that you sent me but it keeps being kicked back to me as "not deliverable"

4. Hi Doug,

I don't know why the email should not go through.

Double check that the address is roberthoge@att.net
    otherwise I can't think of any reason it did not go through.

Bob

5. Just tried it again....
    Will see what happens

6. got kicked back again....
    Here is what the dleivery notice says....
    <roberthoge@att.net>: host gateway1.att.net[???????????????????] said:
    ????????????????? blocked by blacklist.mail.ops.worldnet.att.net. 550
    Blocked for abuse. Please contact the administrator of your ISP or sending
    mail service. (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

just so you know, put the ??? marks in so your IP address does not get spread around the net.

7. Hi Doug,

That seems really odd, the last email I sent you was to the imageresources location that you posted here. The older emails we had about iView were from your furnituresolutions location, could that have something to do with it??

I activated my email button here at nikoncafe if that helps. Otherwise try nanhoge instead of roberthoge and I will fish it from her account.

Bob

8. I will try it from my other address....

9. Sorry Bob....
    Have tried (all) the different options includeding nan... and all have failed.
    Just to finish everything, I will now try to send you a private message.

10. UPDATE!!

We stopped at the same place again this year, on the same day no less!

This time there was another photographer getting into his car as we arrived and another came before we left.

Again a nice variety of birds:
    Tri-colored Heron
    Great Blue Heron
    Little Blue Heron
    Snowy Egret
    Great Egret
    Wood Stork
    and a new one: Purple Gallinule

Also
    A Turtle
    Several Alligators.

I have posted some photos in the Birds and Animals section: