Florida People

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GonzoBernelli, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Y'all stay safe now! Good luck with this TD

2. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Thanks, Gonz!

Here in Tampa, the sun is about to go behind a cloud and not come back out until maybe Thursday. It's gonna look like Seattle :) eek:)  except the humidity and temp will still hover around 90 so it will still FEEL like Tampa.

I was looking forward, when the Projected Path was on top of us or west of us, to getting shots of the gulf being pushed up into the bay, but the Projected Path is now east of us, so I'll be getting shots of the water being pushed OUT of the bay.

3. Thanks Nick. We're ready to reason with Hurricane season. Just finished stocking up the bar so we are set.:biggrin:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
  4. InLimbo87

InLimbo87

Jul 30, 2008
    Orlando, Fl
    I knew I was forgetting a crucial part of my supply list!! :biggrin:

5. I'm in the Tampa area as well so we are keeping an eye on this one.

6. Thanks. Here in Miami it's raining in squalls but not that much wind. We were lucky but it is going to be tougher on the west coast.

7. wembley

wembley

Mar 26, 2006
    Naples, Fl
    Just past midnight here in Naples. Wind is a non factor as of yet, and we've had some rain, but not too much more than we sometimes get here (in fact reminds me of many a winters day in my homeland of England). Anyway as Raul said, the full bar is a useful hurricane supply.

BTW the county has a curfew from 11pm to 6am. This is still a pretty bizarre aspect of American life to me.

cheers
    wembley

8. Looks like it may not be too bad after all. I guess your drought will have been ended at least for a little while.

9. We're hoping for Fay to dump a lot of water over the lake and help get it back to normal levels.

10. mdruiz

mdruiz

Feb 18, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    ***UPDATE**** It seems all is well in central florida.. a torando was spotted and landed in Brevard County area. 51 homes damaged most destroyed. Satelite Beach area receieved 8 inch of rain over night!***

Expected path is to come out Cape Canveral/Cocoa Area...Head out to Sea, turn north, become a hurricane and go into South Geogria/Jacksonville Area.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.