Florida - week of 4/21-4/27

Hi all, I am taking my first ever trip to Florida for birding next week and would love any last minute tips. We will be in primarily Naples to St. Pete, then over to east coast Vierra down to Ft. Lauderdale.

We all ready have plans to visit the following sites:
Audobon Corkscrew
Marco Island, Tigertail Beach
Sansibel Lighthouse
Ding Darling
Babcock-Webb
Bunche Beach Preserve
DeSoto Park
Turkey Creek Sanctuary

If any of these are NOT worth the time, please wave me off! If I'm missing a "must-see" please let me know.

Thanks all Florida birders!

Last edited by a moderator:
My suggestion would be the Orlando Wetlands. It's not too far from Viera, you go North on I-95 From Viera, to State Road 50 at Titusville, about a 15 minute drive. Go west 15 miles to a small town called Christmas and look for the signs. You'll go North on a two lane road till it ends, about 2 miles. Best time of day is afternoon till sunset. Lots of open water, big trees and open spaces. It's not a big name spot, and it walking...not driving around...but I often check it out after a morning at Viera or Merritt Island. It sounds as if you'll be primarily south of this area, but if you're up for a slight change of itinerary...

Have fun down here, you picked the best time of year. And definitely check out Ft. Desoto on the west coast.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom