Flower around my workshop...

JPS

Nikon D200 with -as allways- Tamron SP 90 - 1:250 @ f/13 - ISO 100 - RAW

Lighting: 100W Elinchrom flash into a 24" x 24" softbox at 45° above and front, a 4'x8' white reflector on the left and an SB80-DX (1/8 power) 4 feet above. Background was a piece of black velvet.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers,
J-P.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Rich and Sonya !

Two things that i can't live with since i've discovered them: my Tamron SP 90 f/2.8 macro and my Elinchrom 100W with the 24x24" softbox :smile: !

Cheers,
J-P.

JPS

Hi Bill !

Yeap ! I learned that it's a kind of Hibiscus, that grows -almost- wild here... but i allways thought that hibiscus grew only in rather hot countries !?!?! ...which Switzerland certainly isn't :wink: !

Cheers,
J-P.

JPS

This is spectacular. The sharpness is amazing. Is it multi exposures getting different areas sharp, then blending in post processing?
Hi Terry ! Thanks for the kind words !

It's ONE shot only, but with an f/13 lucky DOF :tongue: !

Cheers,
J-P.

JPS

J-P,
another fantastic image
and i'm so happy to hear the info on the way it was created

thank you
Thanks Greg !

...now that i beleive i KNOW how to use this technique, i wish i had the courage to try other techniques for macro and/or flowers :redface: !

Cheers,
J-P.

JPS

Well I'll be sure and give f13 more attention on my 90 di
Mind you, the Tamron SP90 is sooooo good that i don't mind shooting well above f/13... i used it sometimes up to f/64 without really noticeable loss of quality ! That's when you get to 1:1, but in reality it corresponds to a "real" f/38 or so... (from what i read) !

Cheers,
J-P.

JPS

Thanks for explaining the lighting, JP. Very nice shot.
You're welcome Leif !

I don't mind to divulge my shooting or lighting techniques, as i learned -and keep learning- most of it by reading on Internet :wink: !

Cheers,
J-P.

Mind you, the Tamron SP90 is sooooo good that i don't mind shooting well above f/13... i used it sometimes up to f/64 without really noticeable loss of quality ! That's when you get to 1:1, but in reality it corresponds to a "real" f/38 or so... (from what i read) !

Cheers,
J-P.
I'll experiment with it. Thanks for the information. We usually have a breeze here so I can't get my shutter too slow. But I will try it on a still day.

Cheers,
J-P.
J-P,

Would you be willing to explain or post a link to an explanation of the f/64 being equivalent to a real f/38?

Thanks,

Leif

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom