Flower from Today

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by sbuttrick, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Shot this today in the garden. D2X w/105 micro at f8

2. It really stand out, very nice.

3. Thanks for sharing this image. I feel that it could be even better with a little processing. Hope you don't mind me manipulating it a bit. I sharpened it a bit and then increased the contrast and gave it a little color boost.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice job Gordon. Nice to see you jump in.. :>))

5. Looks good Gordon. I always lean towards undersharpening because I don't want to over sharpen. I'm still learning PS. How did you boost the color? It looks closer to the actual flower that what I got.

Thanks again,

6. Generally you can just increase the contrast slightly and it gives you a brighter and more colorful image. Of course that is providing it isn't already a contrasty image. I also tweaked it a bit with a Velvia plug in from Fred Miranda.

7. Ahhh....thanks Gordon, I'll give it a shot.

8. I like both images (soft and sharpened). Now comes the $64,000.00 question, what is it? I saw one in the resident garden at work last week but couldn't identify it.

9. Gordon. I agree that the pic could do with a bit of sharpening, but doing so on the small web version is somewhat problematic. Have you recognized how your sharpening has pronounced the jpg artifacts? Looks like you just used USM a bit too extensively. An edge sparpening technique might have prevented that.

regards

10. I just had a look at the original image at Scott's Pbase gallery. It looks much better there.

11. Your right but as you say I was working from the posted jpeg version. I probaly shouldn't have sharpened it at all since what I was really trying to demonstrate was using contrast to enhance the colors some.