Flower in my house

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very unique shot Nick. To me it has a very brooding, almost anxious mood, like something out of a Poe story. I think this is due to both the B&W treatment, and the down-turned blossom on the top of the flower. I'm curious as to whether this is the effect that you intended to convey.

Hi Nick,

As Frank mentioned, it certainly has an interesting mood.

I do feel that keeping the curtain vertical would have a better effect, and maybe even leaving some colour in for the flowers just to make it even more interesting.

Just my 2 cents worth and not meant to discount the merit and intent of the composition.

Regards,
Jonathan

I like it. Not sure I would change anything in this one.

Might try playing with it in different ways. Bet you can do all kinds of thing with it.

Just one of those shots with many possibilities.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Flew said:
Very unique shot Nick. To me it has a very brooding, almost anxious mood, like something out of a Poe story. I think this is due to both the B&W treatment, and the down-turned blossom on the top of the flower. I'm curious as to whether this is the effect that you intended to convey.
Frank, I saw the way the stem was leaning (almost away from sun shining on it). I grabbed my camera, and took some pics from various angles. This one turned out the best. I thought the mood would be better represented in B&W. After PP the image, I didn't like how it looked in color, so I converted it to B&W to capture the mood a little better.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom