Flower in my house

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by nburwell, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very unique shot Nick. To me it has a very brooding, almost anxious mood, like something out of a Poe story. I think this is due to both the B&W treatment, and the down-turned blossom on the top of the flower. I'm curious as to whether this is the effect that you intended to convey.

2. Hi Nick,

As Frank mentioned, it certainly has an interesting mood.

I do feel that keeping the curtain vertical would have a better effect, and maybe even leaving some colour in for the flowers just to make it even more interesting.

Just my 2 cents worth and not meant to discount the merit and intent of the composition.

Regards,
    Jonathan

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I like it. Not sure I would change anything in this one.

Might try playing with it in different ways. Bet you can do all kinds of thing with it.

Just one of those shots with many possibilities.

4. Frank, I saw the way the stem was leaning (almost away from sun shining on it). I grabbed my camera, and took some pics from various angles. This one turned out the best. I thought the mood would be better represented in B&W. After PP the image, I didn't like how it looked in color, so I converted it to B&W to capture the mood a little better.