Flower insect shot

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by vincebeus, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Hello,

Shot these photo's some months ago but forgot to post process them. I found these unedited so i took the time to edit them. Tell me what you find off them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greetings,
    Vince

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Vince they are beautiful.

Think I would rotate the last one to give the bee a bit different perspective. Looking into the frame.

sharp as a tack.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ohhhhh PS...

Sorry about your injured leg. Hope you will be better soon. That sounds quite ouch to me.

Take care. Keep us posted.

4. The leg hurts but it hurts more to see some good weather outside and i can't go out shooting photo's. :Curved:

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I can sure understand wanting to shoot while the weathere is good. Things never seem to happen at the bad weather time.

But again get better soon.

6. Nice shot Vince I like them all, at some point I will need to pick up a macro lens I lust after the Nikon 200 f4

7. Thanks mike for the kind reply!

Greetings,
    Vince

8. Vince, I'm amazed at the clarity and sharpness of these shots. What are the shooting details? Camera? Lens? Thanks!!

9. Vince, I love them. So sharp and bright.

10. Hi Kevin,

The first shot was:

ISO 100
    1/320"
    F9
    Nikon D2X
    70-200mm VR 2.8G
    Manual WB (pringle lid)

The second shot was:

Iso 100
    1/350"
    F9.5
    Nikon D2X
    70-200mm VR 2.8G
    Manual WB (pringle lid)

The third show was:

Iso 100
    1/250"
    F8
    Nikon D2X
    70-200mm VR 2.8G
    Manual WB (pringle lid)

I use a program from www.opanda.com is a free exif viewer. I can right click on a photo with my mouse and then view exif data. It is very handy to see the shooting data on internet photo's.

Greetings and thanks for your kind reply,
    Vince

11. Thank you very much Phil for your kind reply.

Greetings,
    Vince

12. Nice shots Vince, makes me think of spring. Oh ya, that is next year.

13. Of the three the first one is the one i like the most with the colors of the flowers showing through the wings of the bee that add a nice touch.

14. Yes i miss it allready the spring. But lets hope for some snow in the winter first.

15. Thank you gilles. I redericted the bee back to the first position but it didn't listen. So i gave up when it flown away. Insects are so stubborn and never work with me. And i am not a person to kill first a insect to photograph it.

Greetings,
    Vince

16. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Vince

Really stunning

The shots are very sharp and so much detail.

I tired for some close yps as best I could with my more limited gear but could get nothing like these.

Looks like an investment in a macro lens needed!!

All the best

Ray

17. Sorry but these are taken with the 70-200mm F/2.8G VR lens. Normally i would use my 60mm F/2.8D lens.

Greetings,
    Vince