Flower parts

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by kramp, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Just playing with higher magnifications, I put 68 mm of extension tubes on my reversed 28 mm, gives me 4.74:1

These are uncropped.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The frame is about 5 mm wide to give and idea of the size.

Martin

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great Macro stuff Martin :))

3. Mind boggling, or is it eye boggling? You never ceased to amaze Martin, soon we will be seeing images through the microscope ;-)

You should try and see if you can get a reflection of yourself in the water drop!

Regards,
    Jonathan

4. Cool stuff Martin....same flash technique..??? :smile:

5. Hi Martin!

You really do fantastic work with that set up!

6. Incredible! I REALLY like the first one!

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Wow...you never cease to amaze! I liked the first one, but I'm intrigued by the second one....what type of flower is it?

Thanks for sharing.

8. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Excellent work as usual, Martin. Male plant parts never looked better! You continue to excel--keep up the excellent work.

9. Thanks Mike, single flash setup with the SB-800 on the cord and the reversed lens diffuser to bounce back some fill. Basicly what I use normally use for reversed lens.

Martin

10. Thanks Leigh, the second one is Osteospernum and the first one is from a Salvia.

Martin

11. Thanks all for the comments.

The fist picture I used five focus layers to get the depth of field, seemed to work pretty well, the biggest problem I had was just positioning something so small that you can hardly see it, I need some type of vise that rotates on two axes to make the positioning of the subject easier.

I have my camera setup on a solid support that doesn't vibrate and can move front and back and sideways within a half thousands of an inch repeatably, I even put a dial Gage on the setup so I can zero it and know exactly how much I have to move for each focus layer.

Being an industrial mechanic can come in handy. :smile:

Martin

12. I like #2 a lot.