Flowers and greneery transformed.

Hi,

Inspired by Soug Barber post, I would like to share these two «pictures» done with not very interesting shots.

This image (that I called Rising sun over turbulences) was created by merging 2 pictures, one of a flower (that I don't know the name) and one of a kind of fern bush. Then I do some «transformations» in PS using filters (like plastic wrap, Artistic-Dry brush, liquify, etc.) and modifying the colors of differents parts with Hue/Saturation layer -Colorize checked to create the final result. This image was done a while ago when I was new with PS, exploring its features (and still do it. IMHO, PS worth its price).
39650197.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This image uses only one picture and was created using PS filters (like blur, Stylize->Find edge, HighPass,etc.) and colorizing the differents parts with Hue/Saturation technique.
37788138.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm sorry not to be more specific in my description because I was playing with many filters and effects before reaching the final results. So I really don't remember what was exactly done and in what order.

Wish that you enjoy them
Regards.

Real Name
Chris
That's very cool Dao! The first one looks like stuff we used to do with Polaroid SX-70 prints. For about an hour after making the exposure, the color emultion was in a gel state, so it could be pushed around with a stylus. The second one is also unique and quite artsy while retaining the photographic flavor of the flower. Thanks for showing your work.

Dao,

I know this might sound self serving, but I am just thrilled by the photographic artistry that is being displayed on the Nikoncafe gallery pages. While I'm still a big fan of the 'other' forum, it seems to me that it was hard to find shots like these there. I probably don't have to tell you how uncomfortable it is to post a few shots that you are proud of only to get the 'there are too many bird / kid / landscape / flower posts here....' response.

I'm learning so much from artists like you and Chris, and the other great photog's that have chosen to join the Café crowd.... :wink:

BTW, I like both shots, but that second one is just great.... :)

Kindest regards,

Frank

Chris101 said:
That's very cool Dao! The first one looks like stuff we used to do with Polaroid SX-70 prints. For about an hour after making the exposure, the color emultion was in a gel state, so it could be pushed around with a stylus. The second one is also unique and quite artsy while retaining the photographic flavor of the flower. Thanks for showing your work.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the appreciation. Well, you brought back memory to me. While I was playing with the liquify tool on image #1, I have an impression that I saw that kind of effect before but I didn't remember where. With your post, I recall now that few years ago, I saw an artist on a sidewalk smudging and mixing the colors on a Polaroid print the way you described. But he used a small wood stick with tips covered by a kind of rough linen cloth (look like a Q-tip). He's quite skillful with the technic.

jczinn said:
Love the second shot, it looks like stained-glass. Lovely!

Hi Janet,
Thanks for looking at my little post. Glad you like the images. Tomoroow, Yves and myself will get together for a birds shooting session. With the predicted fair weather, I hope that we will be able to encounter some gray owls and other interesting birdies. It will be cool .
My best regards.

Flew said:
Dao,

I know this might sound self serving, but I am just thrilled by the photographic artistry that is being displayed on the Nikoncafe gallery pages. While I'm still a big fan of the 'other' forum, it seems to me that it was hard to find shots like these there. I probably don't have to tell you how uncomfortable it is to post a few shots that you are proud of only to get the 'there are too many bird / kid / landscape / flower posts here....' response.

I'm learning so much from artists like you and Chris, and the other great photog's that have chosen to join the Café crowd.... :wink:

BTW, I like both shots, but that second one is just great.... :)

Frank

Hi Frank,

I'm glad that you apprieciate my little work. Nikon Cafe is and will grow as a very fine forum, no doubt. IMHO, gathered here, are talented photogs who are willing to share their knowledge, to friendly help each other with respect for each person's work.

The 'other' forum still is a good forum. But, there, you find people with various backgrounds. So that kind of response can be avoided.

I'm glad to have you in Nikon Cafe.

My sincere regards.

Latest threads

Top Bottom