1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Flowers,Butterfly,Dogwood ADDED PICS(lots pics)

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by Commodorefirst, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Some quick quick conversions, nothing serious yet in the processing department:

First a few flower shots, 105VR, tough shooting macro today with the wind.

Added Pics are first three:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even though the Butterfly house was closed :frown: I was lucky to find this fella flittering around! My capture of the day:

[​IMG]

A neat find, bamboo, made for a nice subject:

[​IMG]

finally my take on the grand old Dogwood:

first a warm version, even without people! hard to get a shot today, had to wait a while, but at least there was good company!

12-24 with CP:
    [​IMG]

A more normal as seen color shot, from a different side, love the branch details of this tree.

[​IMG]

and a different perspective shot from across the pond with the tele, note the feet and cafe members behind the tree on the left!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  2. Very beautiful, Wade.

You have a keen eye for composition and you have brought out the colors in these. I like the entire lot of these.

It was nice to have met you and Dianne (I hope I remember her name right).

3. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Great to meet you, and your dogwood shot was to die for! You got the pavilion across the water that balances the shot so well. I didn't even think of that!

And my Diane is Diane with 1 N, not to be confused with Cajun Dianne with two nn. Give LauraB a hug!

Wade

4. Beautiful captures, Wade!

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Oh, so beautiful! And what a treat that you found a butterfly! (Sorry about the confusion on the butterfly house...I'm going to MAKE SURE that when I start planning for next year that it will be open! Apparently they pushed back the opening for it this year.)

You got some great captures of the dogwood...I love the second one! And the bamboo shot...great texture!

Thanks so much for sharing these...but more importantly, thank you and Diane for coming to visit us and allowing us the pleasure of getting to know you!

6. great stuff Wade and it was fantastic to meet you and your bride

7. Oh, Wade.....these are exquisite! You indeed do that magnificent dogwood justice! Beautiful, beautiful images!

8. WOW! Talk about stunning! I just can't find enough words to adequately describe the beauty you captured in that dogwood! And oh the butterfly! My, you've just simply outdone yourself!

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful images
    That dogwodd tree is just amazing

10. All of these are very nice! Thanks.

11. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Your version of the dogwood is excellent too. I like the colors, the sharpness and the composition. Keep 'em coming for those of us who were not able to make it down there.

12. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Our pleasure!

Great to see you, and nice work on those ropes,

thanks Connie

In regards to the butterfly, I guess he felt sorry for me!

I was able to talk to the Head guy of the Gardens when I was there, and learned about the history and also lack thereof.

Thanks Terri

Well, Joe got the sweet shot with the pavilion in it too, I didn't even think of trying to include both.

Thanks all, much appreciated

13. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Those are great Wade. I wish I had seen the bamboo.

14. Geej

Geej

Aug 11, 2005
    Northern Colorado
    These are all very beautiful shots.

15. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Very nice. That is a great shot of the bamboo. Such nice composition.

Thanks!!!

16. Great you could make it Wade, and nice pics too. :) 

Good to see you again!

17. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beautiful shots Wade. I haven't even gone through all of my Saturday shots yet (got 561 this morning at the dam :redface:) .

18. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    I almost walkied by it to, my head was looking toward the ground for flowers!

Thanks

Thanks Patrick

Same here Larry

I know, you needed to work out your delete key finger right! lol :biggrin:

Wade

19. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    some added pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Love the added shots, Wade. That bird w/the fish is my kind of birding...he holds still as long as I need to compose my shot!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.