Flowers for Dad

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by cincyMAT, Jun 19, 2005.

1. I noticed my Hosta's are beginning to bloom this morning. Here are a few for all the other Dads.

25433412-L.
    25433409-L.
    25433406-L.

Happy Father's Day!

2. Nice, I especially like the second, shapness set right on the point!

3. I agree with Michael about #2! Beautiful use of depth of field with no other distractions. Very nice shot! :)

4. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Mark,
    Nice shots! The second one is excellent. However, the third one puts the flower in perspective and I like the composition. Also nice and sharp. Now if that doggone open flower had been on the left leading into the pic, I would print and frame it!!
    Shooting info?
    Jerry Snider

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gee I did not know they had flowers. I know the various leaves are beautiful..

Thank you, very pretty.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO YOU :>)))

6. Thanks for the comments everyone. I like the second and third the best myself. Jerry you're right about the blossom in the third I just couldn't figure out how to frame it on the left side of the picture. So I decided to let it lead you out of the picture instead. Well, it was a nice experiment.

I used the curve posted on dpreview by Andrew Raszekski in this thread:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=13805782

It took a bit of playing around with exposure compensation but anywhere between -1/3 to -1 worked great. These pictures were sharpened just a tad, resized and posted. I'm really pleased with the curve so far.

7. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    And a successful experiment it was, Mark. Good work on this series. Hope to get there some day.
    Jerry Snider

8. Mark my choice 3-2-1

9. Mark,

I especially like #2 and #3. The detail and three-dimensional quality of the images is awesome. Excellent results from that curve too!