Flowers for my wife...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by JPS, Aug 19, 2005.

1. ...looks like there's some time i didn't offer flowers to my wife ! Now it's done ! ...and i have -as usual- a good subject to shoot too :wink: ...

S2 with Nikkor 50mm. f/1.8 - RAW - Lighting: onboard flash + 2 slaved SB-80DX
    ...plus some PS work of course !

47910863.bunchoroses.

Have a good week-end, all of you...
    Jean-Pierre

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2005
  2. Jean-Pierre, the flowers are lovely but the light background just doesn't work with the pastel color of the flowers (IMHO). Too much sameness in the overall look of the image. I am glad you gave your wife flowers as this will put you in good stead.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jean-Pierre,

I really like these. Gordon is probably right about the background, but overall, I think it is a wonderful shot. Better than your average still life. 8)

I'm sure that your wife was happy also. :wink:

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    GEEEEEEEEE I really love that image.

Boy we all see different.

I can smell the sweet fragrance from here.

I think it displays sweet softness not harsh as in dark background.

Although usually I like dark and flowers.

This is rather refreshing.

5. Irene

Irene Guest

That is a really beautiful image. I love the lighting, the sharpness, the colours, in fact - EVERYTHING.

Thanks for sharing Jean-Pierre.

Best regards,
    Irene

6. Hi Gale ! That's exactly what i tried to get: freshness without beiing high-key ! As i usually do my still-life with BLACK background, i tried to lighten a bit the overall atmosphere, and reduce the strong contrasts that i'm used to use !

...As for the background itself, although it clear, it wasn't nice enough, so i erased it completely and replaced it by a gradient one in PS !

Cheers,
    Jean-Pierre

7. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    WOW!!
    J. Snider

8. We are supposed to get flowers for our wives???

Holy cow! I better hit the florist today...

Nice photo, by the way.

9. ...just tried another technique to get a more "delicate" view !

I quite like it, but as this kind of "light" shot -if you see what i mean ?-, is very new for me, i'm a bit puzzled...

Does it "work" for you, and why, or why not ?

[​IMG]

10. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Jean-Pierre both images are outstanding. 1st image richer color & the use of the gradient my eyes start at top of picture and then work down then back up, only complaint I could have is your signature is not clear on lower right side.
    2nd image lighter color & looks like dual gradient from top stops at left bulge on pink rose and then have gradient from bottom that stops at left bulge on pink rose; my eyes want to stay on top two pink roses.
    This is like being asked do you like red or white wine. I like both just depends on my mood at the time which I would pick.
    Neil

11. Jean-Pierre i prefer the first one, the last one is too bright.

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jean-Pierre,

I agree with Neil in that I like both, but I think I like the first the best. The single gradient is more pleasing to my eye.

BTW, what the heck happened to your avatar? Looks like your brain is exploding in the new one. :eek:

13. Hi Frank !
    It's a "montage" that i had done sometime ago, just for fun ! God knows why :Unsure: , I called it: "BRAINSTORMING"... or "I ain't NUT" ! :biggrin:

37796971.brain3.

Cheers,
    Jean-Pierre

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2005