1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Flowers (weeds) for Momma!

Discussion in 'People' started by sonyam, Sep 6, 2008.

1. 2831608425_dcd834b3ba_b.

Her glasses drive me crazy! I can't get her eyes in focus anymore...:frown::frown::frown: My polarizer came in the mail today, so maybe that will help some? I dunno......

2831608185_be0430d032_b.

2. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Nice pictures of your girls. I hope the polarizer works for you. Maybe you could manual focus, but that seems nearly impossible with children.

Good Luck

3. I am not sure your focus problem is the glasses Sonya. Have you looked to see where your focus reticule is? It seems to be on her lips/chin area. You might also notice that her glasses are not in focus either. Another way to mitigate this problem is to shoot with your lens closed down a bit when doing closeups like this. Personally I like to use AF-on focusing and lock in the focus an instant before taking the image. A quick push of the AF-on button when on her eyes, recompose and shoot. My keeper rate went way up when I converted from the half push to the AF-on style of focusing a couple of years ago.

Cute girls.

4. Gordon, I'm pretty sure I was focused on her eyes, as you can see Alex's is sharp as can be. She was very wiggly and not being the most cooperative, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I have used AF-ON for focus since my first DSLR. I can't get decent focus with half press shutter for anything. (Ask Frank...he thought I had my camera set to manual focus when he tried to shoot with it last June....the shutter focus was turned off, LOL!) All I know is that my keepers of Sophie have been VERY SLIM since she got her glasses.....or it could be that she's just getting less cooperative as she gets older. I'll keep at it though, and eventually get it right.

5. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    the Af-on tip was one of the best things you taught me Sonya. I can't shoot without it now. cute shots too. Gosh they are getting old quickly.

6. avyoung

avyoung

Dec 17, 2007
    Canada
    Sonya, perhaps target her lips or nose...something on the same focus plan as her eyes. I found in dim light, my D300 didn't like to focus on eyes (without glasses) and I had to pick other spots like the mouth to get it to lock on.

For my family with glasses, I would get crisp glass frames but soft eyelashes...I feel your pain.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.