Fluid Mask 3 for $74

Just got myself a Father's Day gift Marlene. Thanks for posting this. I HOPE I can figure it out. Every other program I tried for background removal never worked out too good for me with curly or kinky hair.

So far I'm having an EXTREMELY hard time trying to use this. I'll give it one more time then I'll be contacting the company and asking for a refund.

I honestly didn't have much time to put into it. Thought I would try a couple nights ago but it appears that after a certain period of time the program just doesn't work unless you buy it.

Decided to give Perfect Mask 5.2 a try and I think it is a much better product. Having said that I haven't done much with it YET. I do love summer but darn there is a lot of work that comes with it between a fairly big yard, housework and what have you. I need a maid. :smile:

Joe I tried On One Software's Perfect Mask and if I was you I would ask for a refund and go with PM.

http://www.ononesoftware.com/

In fact, if you have any NIK plugins you can get the complete Photo Suite for $150.00. An awesome deal considering PM is $100.00 by itself.

Hi Marlene. I got a refund on the fluid mask. I just could not achieve the same results they can. I followed along with all of their tutorials multiple times too and still, my results were not even close to theirs.

As for the NIK product, I use NIK DFine. I'm going to have a look at that. Thanks.,

I've had good luck with Fluid Mask, but it (and the other similar tools) are not particularly effective with busy, colorful backgrounds. I got it to do cut outs from studio shots. I shoot the subject against a white, evenly lit background and then use Fluid Mask to do the cut out. If I do my part every strand of hair is captured in the cut out. I then add a digital background. Fluid Mask works very well in this situation. Shots outside the studio are hit and miss depending on the background.

I've had good luck with Fluid Mask, but it (and the other similar tools) are not particularly effective with busy, colorful backgrounds. I got it to do cut outs from studio shots. I shoot the subject against a white, evenly lit background and then use Fluid Mask to do the cut out. If I do my part every strand of hair is captured in the cut out. I then add a digital background. Fluid Mask works very well in this situation. Shots outside the studio are hit and miss depending on the background.

You hit it on the head Luke. You said you use it to remove backgrounds from studio shoots. I was trying to remove bust backgrounds. It's probably NOT really meant for THAT.

Latest threads

Top Bottom