Fly Fetish

Well, not really. I was walking along and saw this huge collection of yellow flowers, and just about every other flower had a bumble bee on it, so I set my pack down, got the camera out, and approached. From that moment on, all bees had disappeared. While sitting there, I happened to notice this guy, and he didn’t fly away. Actually cooperated for me. While not the best shots, and not what I was hoping for, for me, they were better than what I would normally get, so here are a couple of fly shots.

100001552.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

100001551.jpg

Thanks for looking. I didn’t think these were very good, so hardly any comments or views isn’t surprising. Flies don’t hold still at all, and neither do I, so just capturing this guy at all was kind of cool. :biggrin:

Nice close ups. Especially #1.

Thank you. Here is #2 cropped and processed differently. I think it improves a marginal photo, but still doesn’t make a great photo out of it. Any thoughts?

100063805.jpg

Gary,

I liked the first version better. In the second the OOF leaf in the foreground is distracting.

Thanks for the comment. The OOF foreground in the first edit bothered me, and I thought having more of it and the lines of the edges of the leaves leading towards the fly helped to bring some more focus on the fly. Besides that, the fly really isn’t in good focus, so I thought not cropping so tight on it would help. That’s my rational. It’s not really that good of a shot, and I probably shouldn’t have posted it at all, and stuck with the first fly.

By the way, are you the same Duncan C that spent a lot of time in the lighting part of DPR a few years ago?

Thanks for the comment. The OOF foreground in the first edit bothered me, and I thought having more of it and the lines of the edges of the leaves leading towards the fly helped to bring some more focus on the fly. Besides that, the fly really isn’t in good focus, so I thought not cropping so tight on it would help. That’s my rational. It’s not really that good of a shot, and I probably shouldn’t have posted it at all, and stuck with the first fly.

By the way, are you the same Duncan C that spent a lot of time in the lighting part of DPR a few years ago?

Gary,

That's me.

Latest threads

Top Bottom