Fly flying

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Counter, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    Another lucky accident :smile:

341000949_DKpq5-L.jpg

2. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Very Nice Counter.... how often do these occur? At some point these may be mistaken for skill.:biggrin:

3. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    Thank you but I could never do it again in a million years :biggrin:

4. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    If this is pure luck I would advise to to buy some lottery tickets. Great capture.

5. Fly flying - that's what flies do the best :smile:

Great shot, similar to an image I saw in another forum. That other image even has some sort of comical touch because the fly looks so funny.

Cheers

6. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    Thanks Torben. I was aiming at it but never expected my 60mm to lock on like that especially as I had my pop-up flash up so just got the one crack at it. To be honest it didn't just whizz by, it was moving around in a small area of space which lessened the odds a bit but I can't tell you how many times I've tried something similar with hilarious results, usually the very tip of one leg on the edge of the frame.

I like the way it looks like he's doing the breast stroke :biggrin:

7. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    Thank you Harry - that's a very good shot - you can see from the noise that I had to fiddle with mine to bring it out a bit as it was just out of range of my flash.