1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fly flying

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Counter, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    Another lucky accident :smile:

341000949_DKpq5-L.

2. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Very Nice Counter.... how often do these occur? At some point these may be mistaken for skill.:biggrin:

3. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    Thank you but I could never do it again in a million years :biggrin:

4. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    If this is pure luck I would advise to to buy some lottery tickets. Great capture.

5. Fly flying - that's what flies do the best :smile:

Great shot, similar to an image I saw in another forum. That other image even has some sort of comical touch because the fly looks so funny.

Cheers

6. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    Thanks Torben. I was aiming at it but never expected my 60mm to lock on like that especially as I had my pop-up flash up so just got the one crack at it. To be honest it didn't just whizz by, it was moving around in a small area of space which lessened the odds a bit but I can't tell you how many times I've tried something similar with hilarious results, usually the very tip of one leg on the edge of the frame.

I like the way it looks like he's doing the breast stroke :biggrin:

7. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    Thank you Harry - that's a very good shot - you can see from the noise that I had to fiddle with mine to bring it out a bit as it was just out of range of my flash.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.