Flying Bird

Discussion in 'Birds' started by greyflash, Jun 23, 2005.

1. I had to go to Italy to get my first closeup image of a flying bird. OK so it's only a pigeon but I shot it with my 17-55mm lens. OK so I'm a neophyte at flying bird photography but at least I tried.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Gordon, that's not bad. He must have flown right in front of your nose to get him that big with a 17-55 though. 8)

3. We were climbing a wide stairway and came upon a bunch of pigeons. Trying to get one in my viewfinder was a challenge for sure. Thanks for your comments.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Italian pigeons look so much more ... classic than do our new world ones. :lol:

5. I have to admit Chris that I just rolled laughing at your comment. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. Gordon;

Love the light on the pigeon. And the irridescent colors on it. Nice capture.

You have some terrific shots in your gallery. Looks like a wonderful trip. I enjoyed the shot of your wife as well. You two make a lovely couple.

Brian

7. Hi Brian, nice to hear from you. The pigeon shot was just done on a whim as I thought about all of the forum members back home. Frank is always encouraging me to take some bird photos. :D

I appreciate your comments on my gallery.

8. A flight shot with a 17-55? Now that is something special!

Nice capture Gordon!

9. who needs a 500mm Gordon. LOL............luv the colors!!!

10. I know that I sure had trouble getting him in my viewfinder. This was the third try.

11. Thanks Keith the graffiti seemed to add something to the image for me.

12. knew we'd drive you crazy with bird shots and you'd join in. Great colors.