Flying herons, many angles

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like your new avatar Gary. Yeah, lots of herons at the dam and they go on flying kicks where they all hit the air at the same time. I got so many flight shots this weekend, I figured I'd post a sampling.

I like your new avatar Gary. Yeah, lots of herons at the dam and they go on flying kicks where they all hit the air at the same time. I got so many flight shots this weekend, I figured I'd post a sampling.
The Avatar is my Grandson at a easter egg hunt. Yes I get my GBH shots at the Guntersville Dam here also. We took the members out there for the third annual outing of NikonCafe. You might like to come next year.

Thank you Debbie.

I will do my best to make Guntersville next year. I was on a business trip this year and hated to miss it. Your grandson likes sunglasses as much as my son does!

Thanks Gale. Thanks for the comment on the last photo David - it's always great to get a frame-filler but shots like the last one give me a sense of peacefulness and solitude. Thanks William. I appreciate everyone looking and commenting.

Thanks Lisa, Lil, Chris, Robert and Nick. It was an amazing day. My shoulder was sore all weekend from hand-holding the lens while these guys flew around. There were times when four herons were in the air at the same time, all circling around each other. Here's a bonus shot, coming in for a landing:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom