Flying Hoverflies (I think)

As the bugs are starting to show it's time to put on the macro lenses. I caught this one in my garden with the Sigma 105.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 95791

Nice shots, Torben!

Those are difficult to get, I know...

Any odonata there yet? Little birdies sang that last saturday was first dragon species (L. rubicunda) flying here, so you should have some too...

Nice shots, Torben!

Those are difficult to get, I know...

Any odonata there yet? Little birdies sang that last saturday was first dragon species (L. rubicunda) flying here, so you should have some too...
Hej Jukka.

Thanks. They are very difficult to get. Just when you think you have one it's gone. Got a lot of OOF shots too.

No odonatas yet. I think I saw a damselfly a few days ago but that was probably just wishful thinking :biggrin: . If the weather turns out fine this weekend I'll go to my usual lake in the woods and see what's going on. I also found a place in southern Sweden near Malmø where there should be plenty of dragonflies. Can't wait anymore.

wow
Great shots
Thanks Gale. I'm glad you liked them.

That is a Hoverfly Looks like one of the Eristalini to me.

Could be E.(E.) interruptus but cannot be sure. Nice capture.

BW. Bob F.
Thanks Bob. I always value your knowledge.

They are definitely not easy to get right in flight. Your results are quite good.

I confirm Bob's ID, well, at least the genus. I think there is only one species of Eristalis with such a color pattern but I don't know all the hover flies by heart :smile:

Cheers

They are definitely not easy to get right in flight. Your results are quite good.

I confirm Bob's ID, well, at least the genus. I think there is only one species of Eristalis with such a color pattern but I don't know all the hover flies by heart :smile:

Cheers
Thanks Harry. I'll take yours and Bobs word for the ID. I thought you knew all species by heart :biggrin: .

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom