Flying Hoverflies (I think)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by tojor, May 16, 2007.

1. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    As the bugs are starting to show it's time to put on the macro lenses. I caught this one in my garden with the Sigma 105.

original.

View attachment 95791

2. Nice shots, Torben!

Those are difficult to get, I know...

Any odonata there yet? Little birdies sang that last saturday was first dragon species (L. rubicunda) flying here, so you should have some too...

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wow
    Great shots

4. That is a Hoverfly Looks like one of the Eristalini to me.

Could be E.(E.) interruptus but cannot be sure. Nice capture.

BW. Bob F.

5. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Hej Jukka.

Thanks. They are very difficult to get. Just when you think you have one it's gone. Got a lot of OOF shots too.

No odonatas yet. I think I saw a damselfly a few days ago but that was probably just wishful thinking :biggrin: . If the weather turns out fine this weekend I'll go to my usual lake in the woods and see what's going on. I also found a place in southern Sweden near Malmø where there should be plenty of dragonflies. Can't wait anymore.

Thanks Gale. I'm glad you liked them.

Thanks Bob. I always value your knowledge.

6. They are definitely not easy to get right in flight. Your results are quite good.

I confirm Bob's ID, well, at least the genus. I think there is only one species of Eristalis with such a color pattern but I don't know all the hover flies by heart :smile:

Cheers

7. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Harry. I'll take yours and Bobs word for the ID. I thought you knew all species by heart :biggrin: .

9. Cabrams

Cabrams Guest

great job

10. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark