Flying Ibis

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Kevin Scott, May 7, 2005.

1. Now after seeing Frank's flying geese and ducks I probably shouldn't post anything but here goes anyway....

80-200 f2.8 AF-D, f5.6 @ 200mm. Needed slight sharpening and a little crop.

[​IMG]

2. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Kevin..

No need to make excuses on this one pal...a really nice shot!

3. Very nice nothing wrong with tis shot exposure is right on and it is nice and sharp

4. Amazing detail Kevin!! :D :D :D

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice Kevin. I can't wait to come down and shoot some of these with you and the gang. Hope Mike and Jim can join us too. :wink:

6. You guys are really encouraging. Thanks for that!

I just was looking through my photos and I think I only have like 2 other halfway decent flight pics. Maybe I'll get them up later.

I'm just really getting anxious and excited now to join up for the Merritt Island shoot. I really want to get some shots of roseates, caracaras and if lucky an eagle.

Frank, I've been giving your suggestions a great deal of thought and am looking seriously into that 300 f2.8 (not AFS) and an extender or two.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Kevin,

I'm confused. Which 300 2.8 are you thinking of getting? Mine is an AF-S.

8. Frank,
    I mentioned in your duck/geese thread about finding a used 300 f2.8 AF (not S) for about the same price as a new 300 f4 AF-S. You mentioned with your 2.8 that you're able to achieve satisfactory using extenders.

The one I found is listed as just ED IF AF for $1170. Then there's an AF-I ($2400), AF-S ($2300-3000), AF-S II ($3500), AF-S G VR ($4650). Didn't realize there were so many variations. Maybe the one I saw isn't such a bargain afterall.

9. Great shot, Kevin. I wish I had something like that in my portfolio.

The only 300 I've ever used is my AF-S 2.8 (not version II). It is sweet, but it's starting to get up there with the big boys as far as weight and size.