Flying is Tiring-Black Necked Stilt

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Retief, Apr 13, 2007.

1. After a LONG flight, what could be better than a nap with friends?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D200, 400 f2.8 + TC-17E.

Just a few more from my trip to Othello.

2. Looks to me like he was half asleep before landing - the eye lid is halfway down the eyeball.

Very observant and a great catch Bill!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I love th look he is giving that duck. to funny
    Nice pics Bill

4. Super catches Bill. This one is still on my list of to get.

Louie

5. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    That's a classic series. The last two together are comical.

6. Good series, Bill. It's always fun to watch the different species interact.

7. Thanks, Nick. I was actually having trouble at this spot as different things were going on all around me. Killdeer mating, Stilts flying, birds feeding. Oh, yeah, I just HATED it :wink: :wink:

Thanks, Gale. Here is one more, the next in the series, cracks me up how "tall" the Stilt got. At this point I thought the Cinnamon Teals were going to leave, but nope, they just layed back down and went to sleep instead.
    [​IMG]

Thanks, Louie. I probably saw 2 dozen of these amongst the various ponds around the Othello area. And I thought they were "ocean" birds, didn't expect to see them in the middle of the state.

Thanks. The whole series is a dozen or so images, with the stilt walking back and forth on the rock. I was suprised that the Teals were so "accepting".

Thanks, Sandi. This is the kind of interaction my wife Nancy likes, nice a friendly. She has problems with the way that Raptor interact with the "little birdies and critters" at times :wink:

8. Very nice series and the comments tell the story

Good post Bill

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think they had a conferance, decided the stilt could stay, but on the other end of the rock...lolol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.