Flying "nuns"? :-)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Man-Fai Wong, May 2, 2005.

1. Don't know my flowers, so don't know what these are called -- I'm sure someone here can help out w/ the name. :D They came and went w/in a week of blossoming on a few of the neighborhood trees. Anyway, any thoughts on this one? Likes, dislikes, etc.? Your feedback is much appreciated.

Shot w/ D70, 35mm f/2 at f/4, ISO200, matrix metered w/ +1/3EV in the shades on a sunny late morning. PP-ed to correct WB a tad, clone out a couple distractions, darken background, give the flowers a bit of "pop" -- the light was very flat and dull.

Kind regards,

_Man_

PS: I hope the subject reference didn't offend anyway -- I just couldn't resist. :D My apologies if I'm wrong.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I think it's beautiful. the subtle pink against the dark background works for me. I don't know the name of the flower, but it is very pretty.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful flowers and a great pic and PP.

They look like I could touch the smooth waxy texture.

Thanks for sharing these.

I have no idea what they are though.

4. Magnolia, I think

Come in many different colors, shapes, and sizes, but the center always looks like an alien with too many arms, just like that.

Lovely shot.

Ed

5. Thanks, y'all, for all the kind words. I guess nobody's offended by the reference :D or have any big nits to pick w/ the photo. :wink:

Ed,

You're probably right. I was wondering whether they are Magnolias myself, but wasn't too sure as I've seen other kinds as you pointed out.

Thanks again...

Kind regards,

_Man_