Flying "nuns"? :-)

Don't know my flowers, so don't know what these are called -- I'm sure someone here can help out w/ the name. :D They came and went w/in a week of blossoming on a few of the neighborhood trees. Anyway, any thoughts on this one? Likes, dislikes, etc.? Your feedback is much appreciated.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Shot w/ D70, 35mm f/2 at f/4, ISO200, matrix metered w/ +1/3EV in the shades on a sunny late morning. PP-ed to correct WB a tad, clone out a couple distractions, darken background, give the flowers a bit of "pop" -- the light was very flat and dull.

Kind regards,

_Man_

PS: I hope the subject reference didn't offend anyway -- I just couldn't resist. :D My apologies if I'm wrong.

I think it's beautiful. the subtle pink against the dark background works for me. I don't know the name of the flower, but it is very pretty.

Beautiful flowers and a great pic and PP.

They look like I could touch the smooth waxy texture.

Thanks for sharing these.

I have no idea what they are though.

Thanks, y'all, for all the kind words. I guess nobody's offended by the reference :D or have any big nits to pick w/ the photo. :wink:

Ed,

You're probably right. I was wondering whether they are Magnolias myself, but wasn't too sure as I've seen other kinds as you pointed out.

Thanks again...

Kind regards,

_Man_

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom