Flying Roseates and a Tricolor

Discussion in 'Merritt Island II' started by Kevin Scott, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Here are the last of my flying series.....

Roseate spoonbills
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were only a handful of spoonbills at the Rookery. We had to stand vigil and watch for them to arrive. I waited earlier in the day for them to fly out of one tree but Harry B told me they fly in the afternoons. He is a very wise man :wink: as they did just as he said. I missed a couple of the incoming volleys but I'm happy with what I got.

The tricolor herons were exceptionally difficult to shoot. There wasn't time to switch from manual to Aperture priority so it was a trial and error type of shooting finally settling on a quick turn of the aperture dial to open up for the grey birds against the dark foliage. Took a bit but eventually worked out. Here's one of them (with some pp levels adjustment)
    [​IMG]

2. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Again (this is my second comment) nice captures and exposures. I like the tricolored best only because he seems more "real". Don't know how to describe it any better, but I would have been happy with any of the three. Nice work.

Gordon

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Kevin,

The high key, images of the rosey are super..

Heron is great also.. I am proud of ya kiddo. You did really well

Kudos

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shots Kevin. I like them all but the Tricolor is excellent considering the awful light that we had.

5. Thanks you guys. It means alot to me to know that you think I did good. I was determined to get the tricolor and was very pleased with the result.