1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Flying With Camera Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hs200, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Can the camera and cards be x-rayed? What do folks do to keep the equipment safe?

2. Hershel,

It's not a problem. Done it many times.

You might have to actively discourage a TSA person from poking a finger or wand into the mirror box though! < just kidding>

3. Radiation from X-rays can fog film. It has no effect on digital.

4. Ron H

Ron H

Jul 5, 2005
    Phoenix
    As the others have said, it's not a problem. I always carry my camera/lenses on the plane with me, rather than pack it in the luggage. Before my last trip to Europe, a salesman at a camera store advised separating the lens from the camera. She said the constant vibration/bumps from the plane could put stress on the mount if the lens was attached to the camera. Any thoughts about that?

5. Thanks for the Help

I am thinking if the flight is that rough I want off and to hell with the gear!!!!

6. As mentioned, check through the x-ray should be no problem. Packing in a good camera bag should keep any gear in good shape. I usually go with The Lowepro mini-trekker when I take my small travel pack. It does a good job of making sure nothing gets jostled.

Regards,

Paul

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.