Flying With Camera Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hs200, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Can the camera and cards be x-rayed? What do folks do to keep the equipment safe?

2. Hershel,

It's not a problem. Done it many times.

You might have to actively discourage a TSA person from poking a finger or wand into the mirror box though! < just kidding>

3. Radiation from X-rays can fog film. It has no effect on digital.

4. Ron H

Ron H

Jul 5, 2005
    Phoenix
    As the others have said, it's not a problem. I always carry my camera/lenses on the plane with me, rather than pack it in the luggage. Before my last trip to Europe, a salesman at a camera store advised separating the lens from the camera. She said the constant vibration/bumps from the plane could put stress on the mount if the lens was attached to the camera. Any thoughts about that?

5. Thanks for the Help

I am thinking if the flight is that rough I want off and to hell with the gear!!!!

6. As mentioned, check through the x-ray should be no problem. Packing in a good camera bag should keep any gear in good shape. I usually go with The Lowepro mini-trekker when I take my small travel pack. It does a good job of making sure nothing gets jostled.

Regards,

Paul