FM Plug-ins

I'm noticing that a lot of you guys use FM plug ins. Can you please list which ones you use, why and how they improved your process. I don't want to go on plug-in spree but I'm curious which ones you find "necessary" in your post-processing.

Thanks in advance.

So Far I've bought:

DRI Pro - I still use this a little. I'm working on my own technique for better results.

ISOX Pro - Very little use (I don't use high ISO much)

SI Pro - I only use this when I need to print big & the lab doesn't upsample to their own standards. Only problem is the plugin keeps crapping out & screwing up PS

BW Workflow Pro - Quick & Easy, works as advertised. I'm doing more of my own now

Nikon D70 CS Pro - Don't use the camera anymore = Never used the action

Velvia - Most used action from FM. I own the previous version. Never felt a need to upgrade.

The thing I've found is I use the FM actions less and less as my PS skills improve. I just find that I can do a better job on my own, with more precision once I understand what needs to be done.

Just my $.02. I hope that helps.

Dave

Jay,

I'm a real PSCS rookie. For that reason, I bought the Intellisharpen and Resize Pro plug-ins. So far, I'm very impressed by my results. I'm sure that with experience, I'll be able to get similar results, but right now, I'm glad that I go these two.

I'm also interested in the Velvia action. I may give it a try when my bank account recovers from buying PSCS, and the two plug-ins that I have.... :?

Frank

Flew,

For velvia you may want to consider another one from MSoo.

He has just released a new Velvia plugin that seems to be great. You may want to ping Anand for more info. I know he has a copy & had some time to experiment.

The action can be found:
http://www.soocool.com/software/

His sharpening action is quite good too. It just take awhile to get used to. Once you get more familiar with PS & Layers, I would suggest giving it a try.

Dave

I use Intellisharpen Pro, BW Workflow Pro, Velvia (which I have not tired out yet) and the resize plug-in. Really like the BW and Intellisharpen.

Gil

I have Intellisharpen II.
After my regular initial corrections in Nikon Capture, I save as a 16 bit TIFF to finish the job in PS CS. In CS I apply a pass of LAB lightness channel sharpening, followed by a low settings pass of Intellisharpen. Works for me and the result is great, not oversharpened.
I have a thread on it here (with an example a few posts down in the same thread): https://www.nikoncafe.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=1837

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom