1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Focus Magic ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taat2d, Jul 23, 2008.

1. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Anyone using this or has anyone tried it? I just found it and downloaded the free trial. I am wanting to know if it's worth the $45 for the registration code. I'm sure I could get better results using CS3, but it's still so new to me, and my skills are VERY limited.

2. Save your money - it is just some smoke-and-mirror with sharpening.

You have neither the algorithms, nor the computer horsepower, nor the blueprinted lenses the NSA does.

For us peons, it it ain't in focus - you cannot fix it with software - just shoot it again! :biggrin::cool: 

3. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    My second one is usually worse than the first!! :eek: :biggrin:

4. How about CSI??? Those guys having amazing software!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin::cool: :redface::wink::Curved::rolleyes: 

5. AlanG

AlanG

May 6, 2008
    Virginia, USA
    Got to agree. I bought it, and hardly use it. It tends to introduce artifacts and make the image look worse.

Pretty much a waste of money.

6. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Thanx for the heads up and money saving tips!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.