Focus problem with Nikon D700

Real Name
Jim Ledbetter
I first noticed this problem when using my Tammy 150-600mm lens on my Nikon D700. At first I thought it was the lens causing the photos to not be sharp. But I put the lens on my Nikon D850 had very sharp photos. So it was not the lens but the camera. It did not matter if I used manual or auto focus. Have any of you had a similar problem? Please let me know.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Do you have problems with other lenses? And can you elaborate what you meant by the same problem in manual focusing?

Real Name
Jim Ledbetter
Do you have problems with other lenses? And can you elaborate what you meant by the same problem in manual focusing?
The problem also happens with other lens on the camera. I try to use the manual focus to fine-tune focusing and it makes no difference. I will take a couple of photos to show the problem. One with the D700 and then the D850.

Real Name
Jim Ledbetter
D700 was well known for AF probs caused by dust bunnies. Rocket blower to the AF Sensor Slits will probably take care of it. (y)
Good suggestion. I certainly will try that. Be cheaper that the $238 Nikon wants to fix it. Here are some photos that show the problem.
D850 Auto Focus
DSC_3565.jpg D850.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D700 Auto Focus
DSC_7721.jpg 700 auto.jpg

D700 Manual Focus
DSC_7727.jpg 700 manual.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom