Critique Focus stacking attempt

Thank you, Richard. I have a lot to learn. We nearly always have wind or at least a breeze here so focus stacking is only really feasible indoors.

I go out early morning when photographing native orchids, which in many cases only require a zephyr to make them move. Here, downunder, it is usually the calmest around sunrise and sunset. If there is a bit of a breeze, I use my hat as a shield, and being a dark leather it doesn't create a noticeable colour cast. However, it does help if you can control the camera remotely while shielding the subject from the breeze and/or sun, so you're not requiring to be in two places at once. I have seen one photographer in Tasmania using a light tent with the base removed to shield native orchids from the sun and breeze. Others use the cheap white umbrellas some use for studio lighting as a shield.

I go out early morning when photographing native orchids, which in many cases only require a zephyr to make them move. Here, downunder, it is usually the calmest around sunrise and sunset. If there is a bit of a breeze, I use my hat as a shield, and being a dark leather it doesn't create a noticeable colour cast. However, it does help if you can control the camera remotely while shielding the subject from the breeze and/or sun, so you're not requiring to be in two places at once. I have seen one photographer in Tasmania using a light tent with the base removed to shield native orchids from the sun and breeze. Others use the cheap white umbrellas some use for studio lighting as a shield.
Thank you for all your great suggestions. In a few months I'll have to try them out when we have things growing again.

Real Name
Carl
It's a miserably cold, windy day here in Idaho. But, my African Violets are blooming which brings me joy. I haven't tried focus stacking for many months. I though I would give it a go today on my pretty blossoms. I had the width set to 8. I ended up using 9 of my 15 shots. I stacked them in photoshop. If any of you notice problems or have suggestions on how to improve, I would be happy to hear them. I have a lot to learn about this.

View attachment 1678584
Looks spiffy to me, Terri!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom