Focus through chaos ...

I can't get enough of these little guys. This time around, I thought I'd head out with a 50 mm and see if I could get some interesting perspectives. I placed the camera on the ground, stood very still, and 'baited' using bread crumbs. Didn't have to wait long to have them come up to get their photo taken.

It was a bit of a guessing game with the focus. I just picked a focus point, aimed, and took shots. This one was one of my favorites from the bunch.

The overexposure (100% user error) led me to convert this guy to BW, where I think the in focus duck pops out a bit more. All was edited using LR4 exclusively.

Tech Specs:
Nikon D800 | 50 mm f/1.8G
@50 mm | 1/400" | f/6.3 | ISO 6400

8679077890_9e5b3a783c_c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You lookin' at me?! by Miguel Palaviccini, on Flickr

I can't get enough of these little guys. This time around, I thought I'd head out with a 50 mm and see if I could get some interesting perspectives. I placed the camera on the ground, stood very still, and 'baited' using bread crumbs. Didn't have to wait long to have them come up to get their photo taken.

It was a bit of a guessing game with the focus. I just picked a focus point, aimed, and took shots. This one was one of my favorites from the bunch.

The overexposure (100% user error) led me to convert this guy to BW, where I think the in focus duck pops out a bit more. All was edited using LR4 exclusively.

Tech Specs:
Nikon D800 | 50 mm f/1.8G
@50 mm | 1/400" | f/6.3 | ISO 6400

The main subject stands out clearly amongst the rest of the crowd which you've blurred out. And I like the simple B&W processing. Very nice!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom