Focus

Took pictures of friends playing Texas Hold 'Em earlier this evening...what do you think of these two?

CC appreciated - thanks!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like no1 best. However, I'm not seeing any point of focus really. Perhaps were all the cards and chips in focus it may have been better. Just my 2p worth (we don't have cents)

I like no1 best. However, I'm not seeing any point of focus really. Perhaps were all the cards and chips in focus it may have been better. Just my 2p worth (we don't have cents)
Thanks for the input, Mart. I tried to focus on the cards, but I guess the effect didn't turn out as well as I thought because either 1) cards are not in focus 2) cards are not big enough to actually look like they're in focuse 3) the angle of the cards + thin DOF makes it look like it's not in focus. Either way, my friends play poker quite a lot, so it probably won't be too hard for me to try a reshoot :smile:

I agree with Mart. Altho the first shot is better than the second.

I guess it was a tricky shot to nail. Perhaps if you focussed on the very first item, i.e. the front card, and got your aperture right, you may just nail it. You get considerably longer depth of field behind the subject than you do at the front.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom