1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

"Focused on the game..."

Discussion in 'People' started by Jetta32696, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Posted this shot in another thread in the candids forum... Got a pretty good response there, but I think there's more traffic in here. What do you all think about this shot??

380110187_WQKka-XL.

Taken with D2hs and 17-55 if I remember correctly.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Keith...I love the series on the other thread...lots of great emotion.

This image shows how much love of the game is in this kids eyes.

3. Thanks Seneca. I have about 700 images from the game, some better than others, but I didn't want to get too crazy with the images from the gallery...

4. Keith,

Seneca summed it up nicely!! This image captures the spirit of the game. I am drawn to his eyes... this one tells an incredible story!! Well done!!

5. glewis1

glewis1

Aug 24, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    looks great!!!

6. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    I like this a lot, I am also though drawn to the middle person, their expression looks more interesting.

7. Thanks Crystall!!

Thank you glewis1!! Add your name to your sig... :biggrin:

I was trying to shoot, change focus point, and shoot again - I missed focus on the other shots

8. This shot is a real winner. You nailed the focus nicely. The muted colors and lighting gives the entire image a classic feel of old time baseball.

9. Thanks alot Mitch. I was going to try an "old photo look" tutorial that I found, but haven't gotten around to it yet...

10. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Keith - I will now have to go check out your other post because this is a great image. I like the focus just on the first guy - amazing eyes - as he is looking so intense vs. the two in the background looking more goofy. Excellent composition - everything!

11. Thanks Leah! I have a couple more shots of him, I kept photographing him because each time I looked in that direction, I saw his eyes!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.