Follow up to my 300 F4"Bargain" lens

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by BUCKEYE BIKER, May 5, 2007.

1. A few more images with my bargain lens.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I love it so far. Wasn't sure it was appropriate to post them in this category, but it is only a follow-up.

anyway, enjoy -----

485148771_edebf0b420_o.

View attachment 93839

View attachment 93840

View attachment 93841

All were taken under an overcast sky, ISO 200 f5.6 @ approx 1/320th. I used a bogen 3221 tripod and a beanbag for a little more stability.

2. wow, awesome shots!
    it still holds true that keh's used lenses are better than they sound

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Spot on
    Beautiful shots

4. Thanks for the kind comment, I'm a KEH fan right now.

5. Thank you Gale. As you can tell, I'm very pleased!

6. Holy Smoke! Those are sharp.

7. stephen99

stephen99

Nov 22, 2006
    Holland, Ohio
    Very nice shots. Looks like you did indeed get a bargain.

8. Nice shot... reminds me that I haven't seen a single bee this year.

9. robthorn

robthorn Guest

10. Thanks airbiscuit, Stephen, Woody and robthorn. I appreciate you looking and your comments.

11. article in the paper said there's something yet undiscovered killing bees

12. Breathtaking photos. I've been debating between the 80-200mm f/2.8 and the 300mm f/4 for shots of my son's soccer and some occasional birding shots. These shots are gorgeous examples of what the 300 f/4 can do, of course the photographer has a lot to do with them also. Thanks for sharing.

13. Thanks for the kind comments. I use my 80-200 f/2.8 to shoot photos of my grandchildren's baseball and softball games, preferring the zoom capability for action shots. I'm not too good following action, and sometimes find the wider FOV an advantage. I've never been to a soccer game, so the bigger field may give the 300 an advantage. I do think my 300 f4 is sharper than my 80-200, so combined with the longer focal length, is better for birding.

Good luck in your lens search!!