Follow up to my 300 F4"Bargain" lens

A few more images with my bargain lens.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I love it so far. Wasn't sure it was appropriate to post them in this category, but it is only a follow-up.

anyway, enjoy -----

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 93839

View attachment 93840

View attachment 93841

All were taken under an overcast sky, ISO 200 f5.6 @ approx 1/320th. I used a bogen 3221 tripod and a beanbag for a little more stability.

A

asimplefarmer

wow, awesome shots!
it still holds true that keh's used lenses are better than they sound

Breathtaking photos. I've been debating between the 80-200mm f/2.8 and the 300mm f/4 for shots of my son's soccer and some occasional birding shots. These shots are gorgeous examples of what the 300 f/4 can do, of course the photographer has a lot to do with them also. Thanks for sharing.

Breathtaking photos. I've been debating between the 80-200mm f/2.8 and the 300mm f/4 for shots of my son's soccer and some occasional birding shots. These shots are gorgeous examples of what the 300 f/4 can do, of course the photographer has a lot to do with them also. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the kind comments. I use my 80-200 f/2.8 to shoot photos of my grandchildren's baseball and softball games, preferring the zoom capability for action shots. I'm not too good following action, and sometimes find the wider FOV an advantage. I've never been to a soccer game, so the bigger field may give the 300 an advantage. I do think my 300 f4 is sharper than my 80-200, so combined with the longer focal length, is better for birding.

Good luck in your lens search!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom