Food Fight

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Lou Buscher, May 5, 2007.

1. Slide show of little bird’s behavior at the feeder
    I watched the action from the kitchen window and figured I’d shoot a few bursts at them with the 28 to 135 on the 1dm2n. I have a blind on the porch so I went there and like they taught me in the Infantry as a machine gunner FIRE A BURST OF 6.
    Just a little fun and I wish the photos were a bit larger. You can bump them to 150% in your browser if you want.
    You can change the slide time or pause by sliding your curser on the top of the photo frame.
    Lou
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/loub/tags/feeder/show/

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    A fun series Lou!

3. I don't think I'd mind hanging out in that yard for a while!!

4. Thanks Andy I thought that when I saw then on their feeding frenzy.
    Lou

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Cute little birdies:>))

Looks like you made that feeder:>))) Pretty clever....

6. Thanks Tom Well plenty of room but about 1200 miles in between:biggrin: :biggrin: I would even show you my little red shoulders nesting and we could take a ride to an eagle watch. So how maany MPG does your car get???:smile:
    Lou

7. YUP Gale it's homemade brew, MAXWELL HOUSE BTW I got tired of buying feeders for the racoons and bears to destroy so I came up with the coffee can one. It drives the squirrels crazy as being metal they can't chew it but this one they can't get to as I let them have one for thamselves. Thank you for looking.
    Lou

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    How did you make it:>))))

9. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Fun series Lpu

10. Thanks Harry yes it was fun to watch. Little birds are really not all that nice are they???
    Lou

11. OK Gale here’s a picture. It’s a plain coffee can and I add a piece of plywood about 8 X 10 to the bottom with 2 screws. On the one in the photo I have sides on the plywood but not necessary. I drill 6 holes in the can about ½ inch up from the bottom and about 3.8 inch wide so the sunflower seed can come through. The plastic cover has a mark right in the center so you just need to use that to mark the can bottom center before you put the plywood on. After you have the plywood on and a hole in the bottom of can and plywood you run a piece of wire (coat hanger, or picture frame wire), but make sure it’s heavy enough to hold the load and the wind. Run it up through the plastic cover and secure it to the plywood bottom with a screw. The job is done. The wrapper will peel off if you want to paint it or you can leave it on and collect advertising rights from Maxwell House. Birds can read don’t you know???:smile: :smile:
    Lou

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Awww ok gotcha:>))
    I was just missing a few necessary points on that:>)))
    Cool, I like it.
    I save the cans, , alot of them are plastic now.
    I am always trying to recycle something.
    Thank You much

Nice pic and pretty birdie

13. Good luck on making one or two.
    Lou

14. WildBill

WildBill

Mar 20, 2006
    Hammonton, New Jersey
    Bill
    Great stuff Lou!

Bill

15. Thanks Bill. I was just out today making a visit to some nesting ravens and I have been putting a slide show together on them. Great birds. Been following them for several years. Tomorrow I hope to visit 4 eagle nests. Long day lot's of gas YUK.

Lou