Foot for 500 P AIS lens for Wimberley Sidekick?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeeJay, Feb 2, 2005.

1. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi you all,

I got a used Nikon 500 f/4 P AIS Manual Focus lens..the collar doesn't have a foot for the Wimberley or anything else.. I want to make it as secure as possible on the Wimberley so I feel comfortable using it.

Do any of you have this lens (give me any clues to it if you know anything because I'm new to all this..I do have the 45P and it's my fovorite lens) and know which foot to get for it? Guess I could call Wimberley but thought I'd ask in case you have it and know off the top of your head'.

Thanks,

Gaye

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
  3. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Steve,
    Wow, thanks for that site.. I hadn't even thought of RRS and wouldn't have gone there...Many thanks!

Gaye

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Gaye....

RRS is the high $$ alternative, but their stuff is very good. I usually look there first.

Regards,

Frank

5. Breedoni

Breedoni

Jan 27, 2005
    Just fitted my RRS B88 for my 500 P. Looks and works great.

6. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Thank to you all for the help. I wrote to Wimberley and they let me know that the P-30 foot works on the 500P on the Sidekick..so I'll try that first and hope for the best.. Also am going to check RRS. Sure am learning a bunch from you on this forum and so easy to ask questions.

Thanks and best to you!

Gaye