1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Football: A Nice Clear Day, With A Nice Muddy Field

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by kiz5, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Some nice, wet muddy football! Rain held off, and started about 10 minutes after the game finished. Been a wet summer up here, and yesterday was filled with constant rain (see my other thread from yesterday's games), and as a result, I was able to come away with a bunch of shots I really liked.

I know a lot of you guys here enjoy your football, so hope you like these. :)  Harsh criticism is welcomed.

Shot with a D300 + 300 2.8.

2750769545_03f91887c5_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 238354

View attachment 238355

View attachment 238356

View attachment 238357

2750776247_0c292a0c36_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 238359

View attachment 238360

View attachment 238361

View attachment 238362

View attachment 238363

View attachment 238364

View attachment 238365

2. #11 FTW!

Great shots!

3. some very nice images here
    you did well

thanks for sharing

4. TCMony

TCMony

Jul 20, 2006
    McDonough GA
    I really like 8. These are great shots. I need to get to know my local high schools better. My kids are way to young for this type of action.

Any tips on getting in to photograph High School sports?

5. Really depends where you are. In Canada, you just walk up, and no one asks questions, nor complains. People are just happy that you're there.

While the US market isn't big now for action shots, people up here seem to be loving them.

6. These shots are starting to get me in the mood for football again. Looks as though i need to move, if you guys up there love buying action stuff.

7. These are great. Good action and nice tight shots!

8. I think the main reason, is because most people up here have nothing more than entry level DSLRs, and low level lenses. That, and the area I live in is a mix of mid and higher level incomes. I've been able to target schools and teams that have more money to waste, which is always a good thing.

Heck, one guy bought every photo of his kid, from 8 games or so, even if they were soft. Not a problem for him, as it just ended up being a write-off for his company. Gotta love when you get customers like that, who have 3 kids, and 2 just going into the high school level! :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.