Football Friday Night in NW Indiana

The game was over before it even started. By halftime, the score was 54-0. Both coaches agreed to a running clock in the second quarter and Michigan City played its second stringers all second half. With our new coach in his second year and a new attitude in this city about football, it has some real potential for an exciting year. Final score, Michigan City 60 Gary Roosevelt 8.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

These are real nice Robb, I hope I can get some as good this Friday evening. How high did you go with your ISO setting?

Good action captures. Love that you caught the eyes and facial expressions. I'm also curious, what ISO were you shooting at?
and...I love #3...great capture!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for all the comments, it means a lot coming from you guys. I am really happy with my D3 for football and may take my 700 this weekend and stick my 300 on it and see what I can do. I think most of these were shot at ISO 2500. Our stadium has great lighting from the 30-30 but it falls off like a cavern between the 30s and the endzone. I was playing around with shutter speeds between 1/400 and 1/500 trying to get where I am happy. Still not totally there yet.

Robb

You really have it going on Rob. These are really nice. #86 looks like a TE and has good size. I like the pictures of him catching the ball, and you picture of #35 is very nice as well.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom