1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Football in the BIG HOUSE

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by steveking, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Just some shots from last Saturday's UofM game.

1 - Warm ups
    [​IMG]

2 - Band, take the field!
    [​IMG]

3 - Fans of all ages at the game
    [​IMG]

4 - The Wolverines run on the field
    [​IMG]

5 - The first touchdown!
    [​IMG]

6 - Run down the sidelines
    [​IMG]

7 - Some of the "big uglies" go to work on the line
    [​IMG]

8 - Miami field goal try
    [​IMG]

9 - another run on the sidelines
    [​IMG]

10 - Late game pass rush
    [​IMG]

GO BLUE!!

2. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Sweet series Good feeling for the whole College game day experience
    5,9,and 10 Rock
    Got my only daytime game this weekend hope the weather holds out

3. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

sweet stuff steve !!

4. Johnny Yuma

Johnny Yuma

Jun 27, 2007
    SE MI
    Your seats are a lot better then mine.
    lol
    I have had tickets for 12 years and I am still row 62!:frown:

5. Hang on to them Drew, and you might be in row 60 20 years from now! :biggrin:

6. wow, must be a thrill to be in a stadium like that (my college, we were happy to get 20 senior citizens from town to show up)...

7. InlineSix

InlineSix Guest

Wow those are awesome pictures!

What camera was used?

8. Johnny Yuma

Johnny Yuma

Jun 27, 2007
    SE MI
    I can assure you that, well next to suicide, giving up my season tickets would be the last thing I ever did.

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I enjoyed this series Steve, the wonderful history in this venue speaks for itself. Love the peak action and the non-action as well. Looks like the lighting was the enemy on Saturday.

10. Yeah, the 12noon kickoff made the overhead sun challenging, and no clouds either!

That's exactly what everyone says. Which is why you can't will them down to anyone any longer, so says the rules on the ticket. That way someone else has a chance in their lifetime to get a season ticket.

I used the D2X and D2H as usual. The D2X had the 400mm on it, the D2H had the 70-200.

Yes it is. The funny thing about Michigan Stadium is this. There isn't a really bad seat in the house, but the stadium is such a shallow bowl that it isn't loud due to all the noise going out and up, instead of being redirected down on and on the field like many stadiums that are built much more steeply. The new press box and luxury boxes will make that different since they'll trap the noise on the sides. Then 107,000 people will sound much louder.

11. ibcj

ibcj

Dec 19, 2006
    New York
    Beautiful series. #10 is superb !!! So much going on in that last image. Very well done.

12. Awesome series love seeing my favorite Uni from my childhood and then some, the Maize and Blue.

Granted I have interests in 2 UMs but the Maize and Blue was always my first.

13. Thanks Chris, that's why #10 is one of my faves of the day! :smile:

14. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Nicely done! 3,6 and 7 do it for me... Glad your equipment makes such nice pics! :biggrin:

Nice avatar change :wink:

15. Wow thanks TJK, and to quote "What the Duck" your mouth makes nice comments! BTW, you gotta love the Irishman don't you?

http://www.whattheduck.net/

16. Very nice photos...but, GO ILLINI!

Glenn

17. steve....
    very nice job
    and..... please take care of OHIO STATE this year.... i BEG you :smile:

18. Brodman

Brodman

Aug 26, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    Very nice!!

#5 is my favorite.

19. Thanks Greg, if it were just up to me then you could consider it DONE! GO BLUE!!

20. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Great shots of the action and pregame.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.